Does your back start to hurt whenever you exercise? At Priority Chiropractic, we can show you how to prevent this from happening. Finding a chiropractor in Nassau County is easy with our directory of providers. We want you to be able to exercise without having to worry about being in pain, so it is important to always be careful and take precautions.
The following are some exercises you should avoid, as these can create further stress on your back:
- Toe touches: put greater stress on your discs and ligaments in the spine.
- Sit-ups: put a lot of pressure on your discs.
- Leg lifts: put significant stress on your core and can worsen your back pain.
Below is a list of exercises you should try instead:
- Child’s pose: resting on your knees, lay your body out on the floor, head touching the floor, with arms extended in front of you.
- Cat/cow pose: sitting on all fours, on an exhale, slowly round your back towards the ceiling, while lowering your head. On an inhale, curve your back inwards, and have your head face forward, squeezing the shoulder blades.
- Glute bridge: lying on your back with your knees bent, lift your hips as high as you can, keeping your head on the floor, squeezing your glutes.
- Front fold: standing up, deeply inhale, raising the arms above your head. Slowly bend your torso downward, folding forward at the hips as far as you can. Slowly round your back forward, and hold for 20-30 seconds, reaching your hands as far down as you can.
Contact a chiropractor in Nassau County:
If you are looking for a chiropractor in Nassau County near you, our collaboration of chiropractors at Priority Chiropractic are here to give you the care you need. We will provide you with relief from any back pain problems you might be having, as well as show you the proper exercise techniques you need to reduce back pain that occurs from exercise. These preventative exercises will help strengthen your back and help you ease the tension.
Contact us at Priority Chiropractic, to set up an appointment with any of our experienced and knowledgeable providers!